11/09/2010

This stuff rocks ~~"Loud, Fast &... '50s Rock"

Loud, Fast &... '50s Rock
Loud, Fast &... '50s Rock


Rhino-Atlantic
Sales Rank: 138732

 

 This stuff rocks1999-12-12
Having bought the Nuggets box set and being pretty overwhelmed by the quality of material on it, I would say that this box set is even better. Maybe because I didn't grow up with this era of music, it sounds really fresh to me. I couldn't stop listening to it once I had got it. This box set rescues 50's rock from becoming a novelty and really let you understand how dangerous and raw this stuff was when it came out. It rocks. Of special interest to me were the tracks from Link Wray, Johnny Burnette Trio, and Chan Romero. But the box set is loaded with previously unknown treasures alongside better known contemporaries. I suggest to anyone interested in rock'n roll.
Reviewed By

This review was cited from Amazon.ca.


This item was also found at:
Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk
Amazon.ca
Amazon.fr
Amazon.de
Amazon.co.jp

Compare prices across all Amazons at AmazonDotStar.

No comments:

Post a Comment